3esi-Enersight is a rapidly growing international software company providing software and professional services to the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry. 3esi-Enersight has grown over the last 3 years from 4 international offices to 8 and a global staff of 50 to over 100. 3esi-Enersight is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join 3esi-Enersight’s Finance & Corporate Services department.
The entry level Accounting Clerk position, plays a vital role by assisting with financial records and the general operations of the finance department. The Accounting Clerk will handle a range of accounting duties such as general bookkeeping, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The position will be temporary with the potential to become permanent after one year. Duties include part time reception support.
- Updating and maintaining records of expenditures
- Sending out payments for company credit cards
- Responding to vendor invoices
- Ensuring that all payments are made in accordance with company policy and are sent on time
- Resolving payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company
Accounts Receivable support:
- Preparing and mailing invoices to customers
- Posting payments to customer accounts
- Reconciling cash receipts and deposits
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports as required.
- Accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Function in accordance with established and developing standards and procedures
- Administrative support; filing and reception backup
- Attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft computer skills, including Accounting Software knowledge.
- Ability to set achievable goals and deadlines. Maintain committed to achieving goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations. Have a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and attaining favorable results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, have excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Certificate, Diploma, University Degree or relevant certification in Accounting or Business is an asset
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- 1+ years of experience