Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
The Controller is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles. Also, in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the oil and gas industry and the software industry.
Manages timely and effective company corporate accounting and financial reporting services/systems in accordance with company policy and legislative requirements. Provides Canadian and US income, sales and franchise tax returns, insurance and other reports required by government regulations and deals with auditors, external accountants, and others on financial matters as company spokesperson. Reviews, analyzes and interprets monthly financial and budgetary reports. Directs the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns and reports for government regulatory agencies
- Oversees accounting processes, budget preparation and internal audit functions
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals and recommends methods of improving the planning process as appropriate
- Create and implement policies, procedures and systems to improve the overall operational effectiveness of the corporation
- Manages a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the Corporation may enter
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepares and records monthly financial transactions as required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize and interpret data
- Information seeking/problem solving
- Oral communication
- High ethical standards
- Microsoft Office Suite – Strong Excel data skills
- Canadian CPA designation
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Finance Dept. of a commercial software company
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in management