EVP Global Services
3esi is a rapidly growing international software company providing software and professional services to the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry. 3esi has grown over the last 3 years from 4 international offices to 8 and a global staff of 50 to over 100. 3esi is seeking a Customer Support Manager to lead 3esi’s growing global Support team in delivering exceptional service to 3esi’s clients and growing the current team into a world class support organization.
We are seeking a Manager of Customer Support to manage a queue of incidents reported by 3esi’s clients and the support staff responsible for responding to them to ensure timely and complete resolution. The Manager of Customer Support will need to actively monitor staff and issue tracking software, including staff in 3esi’s global offices involved in delivering customer support, as well as providing a top-tier escalation on support issues including taking accountability and presenting solutions to clients whose issues are not resolved by the team.
The Manager of Customer Support is also a member of 3esi’s leadership team, responsible for setting departmental strategy, liaising with other departments in improving the delivery of 3esi products and services, and working collaboratively with other managers in addressing cross-functional initiatives and issues.
The focus of the role is to deliver post-implementation support and solutions to 3esi’s customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. A successful candidate for this position will demonstrate an affinity for rapid, high quality issue resolution in a fast-paced environment. An ideal Support Manager for 3esi will demonstrate a strong passion for customer support as well as previous management experience including cross-functional collaboration and/or project management experience and team building experience.
- Oversee dedicated and virtual support team members in responding to and resolving client incidents.
- Ensure that service level goals can be achieved including delivering key metrics of:
- Response time
- Resolution time
- First call resolution
- And Incident / Agent load balancing
- Act as a technical advisor on 3esi’s products when needed.
- Ability to backfill for support representatives as needed
- Gain strong knowledge in 3esi’s Products
- Show a willingness and ability to be the “face” of 3esi’s leadership team to the client base
- Develop, Plan, and Implement policies and procedures around the incident lifecycle
- Establish and maintain an Upgrade Management plan and follow through with customer and internal resources to execute the plan
- Establish objectives and direct staff activities to improve technical support practices in the areas of quality, knowledge centered support and resolution timeframes.
- Ability to build relationships and lead multi-level conversations within an organization from Executives to employees.
- Review weekly quality assurance reports of escalated issues to identify knowledge gaps and to improve the customer experience.
- Intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues.
- Deliver value to 3esi by creating and distributing support metrics, and trend analysis while partnering with all levels of the organization.
- Develop an annual budget, providing justification when needed. Review and compare actual results to planned budgetary performance, preparing reports reflecting those results.
- Maintain awareness of changing trends and regulations, which might affect the business and act on as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the confidence to communicate effectively to staff and at all levels of management including C Suite both internally and at the client site.
- Strong technical skills, with ability to think through details and tactics without losing sight of overall strategic goals.
- Advanced computer skills, including software and database management.
- Ability to set achievable goals and deadlines. Maintain committed to achieving goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations. Have a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and attaining favorable results.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and have excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work effectively with cross functional teams and global teams.
- Effective leadership attributes, ability to delegate tasks and train others.
- Strong sense of urgency and the proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- University Degree, preferably B.Sc. in Engineering, Computer Science or Business
- 7 + years professional experience in Customer Support and 3+ years in a leadership role
- Oil and Gas Industry experience and previous Software Customer Support experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with CRM platforms; knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Change Management and associated Best Practices
- Valid passport required for occasional international travel