3esi-Enersight is an international company providing software business solutions to the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry. We are entering a new phase of growth as we develop our global markets and as a result we are seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to take on responsibility for administering, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting hardware/software used by 3esi-Enersight staff with a primary focus on both, Desktop and Server/Network environment. Key responsibilities include front line first level technical support for users, as well as collaborating with IT staff in the design, test and implementation of current/new infrastructure systems. Strong communications skills and a customer service orientation are required, as well as ability to contribute to the team environment within 3esi-Enersight IT. This position is a Temp – Perm role.
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Working knowledge and best practice of all of the following Microsoft infrastructure applications: Windows Servers, Active Directory, and Remote Desktop.
- Services, and Internet Information Services.
- Databases: Oracle (nice to have), MySQL
- SCCM (nice to have)
- Exchange 2010 (hybrid setup with office 365)
- Dell EqualLogic SAN Storage
- HA Concepts
- DR Concepts
- Print Server
- Cisco Certified or in progress with excellent configuration skills preferred. (nice to have)
- Ability to create suggestions and improvements after analysis has been completed of their network.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networks, and technologies such as VoIP beneficial.
- Firewall (ASA 55XX) using Command Line Interface and Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM). (nice to have)
- VPN, both point to point and external access.
- Troubleshooting tools – Wireshark, ping, telnet, etc.
- DHCP, DNS, NTP
- IIS and Security Certificates
- Experience 1st/2nd/3rd tier
- Best Practice
- Customer interaction
- Incident / Problem management
- Configure machines for new hires according to company spec
Logical Problem Solving Skills
- Confusing questions
- Process of Elimination
- Analytical skills
Personal / Soft Skills
- Able to understand and follow instruction
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work in small groups
- Able to work and motivate independently
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Strong communications skills (orally and written)
- Remote support skills
- Organizational skills
- Willing to work after hours / weekends on occasion.
- On-Call support when required
- Able to lift and rack servers (60 lbs)
- 1-3 years related experience
- Experience in Local and Wide Area Networks, personal computers, software applications and Microsoft Server technologies.
- Knowledge/experience in the following technologies/products:
- VMWare Virtualization Products
- Knowledge in IP Networks, VPN, Firewalls, etc.
- Microsoft Suite of Products (Server and Workstations)
- Microsoft office 365 (Exchange, Exchange Online Protection, SharePoint, Skype for business, and Azure AD sync)
- Business Applications such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Windows server – Version 2008 R2 or higher.
- Citrix – XenApp version 6.5
- VMware ESXI – Version 5.0 or higher
- Dell EqualLogic SAN storage
- Microsoft SQL Server – version 2008 R2 or Higher
- University degree or Technical diploma.
- IT certifications such as MCSE, CISCO, ITIL, etc. (an asset)
Security clearance may be required