VP Global Services
3esi is an international solutions company providing software and professional services to the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry. We are entering a new phase of growth as we develop our global markets. As a result, we require a Program Manager to manage multiple solution implementations at our client sites.
The Program Manager (PgM) is a key role in 3esi’s Project Services organization. The successful candidate will be able to transition rapidly and effectively between hands-on project management within individual projects in support of overall program goals and deliverables, and high level relationship building and program strategy planning and execution. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of project execution success implementing business-oriented IT solutions within the Oil and Gas industry, preferably with some experience in Upstream Planning and/or Economics.
The Program Manager role reports to the VP Corporate Services and is based out of the greater London area. Clients that will be interacted with will be large, multinational NOCs and IOCs with regional offices across the world. Some travel to these sites will be expected as part of the key activities of the program. This role will require the candidate to gain training and a high degree of technical aptitude with 3esi’s products and business space.
Responsible for applying PMI or PRINCE2 standard techniques and methods to the successful implementation of 3esi’s solutions and services to clients, while directly interacting with the client stakeholders and 3esi technical resources to ensure the highest quality customer experience.
- Develop key stakeholder relationships with C suite staff, Client sponsors and System Integrators. Frequently and proactively communicate Program deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders and sponsors.
- Manage full Program life-cycle including initial planning, scoping, cost estimation, scheduling, resourcing, technical solution design, monitoring project implementation metrics, action items, and deliverables, performing quality control and validation activities, end user training, and project closure activities
- Resolve any issues using appropriate problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Collaborate with VP Corporate Service on global staffing assignments and staff development
- Engage in a process of continuous improvement in order to mature and improve practices that administers complex software and system development projects
- Excellent communication skills, and the confidence to communicate effectively to staff and at all levels of management including C Suite
- Gain full specialization and knowledge of 3esi’s suite of products
- Strong technical skills, with ability to think through details and tactics without losing sight of overall strategic goals
- Strong budget management skills; ability to develop and maintain contracts and budget constrictions
- Possess advanced computer skills, including software and database management
- Able to set achievable goals and deadlines. Maintain committed to achieving goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations. Have a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and attaining favorable results
- Ensure that a customer’s needs are fulfilled by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during and after the customer’s requirements are met
- Manage and oversee all levels of project implementations
- Manage multiple priorities and have excellent organizational skills
- Work effectively with cross functional teams and global teams
- Effective leadership attributes; ability to delegate tasks and train others
- University Degree, preferably B.S. Degree in Computer Science discipline or Business Degree; MBA, or other advanced management training, desired
- 10+ years professional experience as a Project Manager and 5+ years in a leadership role; Oil and gas industry or Software Project Management experience pertaining to familiarity with the upstream asset life cycle, would be an asset
- PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) Designation, PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP), Prince II or equivalent, completed
- Experience with business architecture and business process management methodologies
- Previous experience with budgeting, well execution or program management processes will be beneficial
- Valid passport required
Some travel can be expected, (20 to 30%) to support 3esi solution implementations in global assets.