The Senior Project Manager is a key role in 3esi-Enersight’s Project Services organization. The successful candidate will be able to transition rapidly and effectively between hands-on project management within individual projects in support of overall program goals and deliverables, and high-level relationship building and program strategy planning and execution. The ideal candidate will have a proven history of project execution success implementing business-oriented IT/Software solutions within the Oil and Gas industry, preferably with some experience in Upstream Planning and/or Economics.
The Senior Project Manager role reports to the Regional Services Manager and is based out of Bogota, Colombia. This role will require the candidate to gain training and a high degree of technical aptitude with 3esi-Enersight’s products and business space at the Corporate Head Office in Calgary, Canada.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for applying standard project management techniques and methods to the successful implementation of 3esi-Enersight’s solutions and services to clients while directly interacting with the client stakeholders and 3esi-Enersight technical resources to ensure quality of the customer experience.
- Perform 3esi-Enersight Project Management duties utilizing the company’s project & program management methodology and best practices for the organization
- Engage in a process of continuous improvement in order to mature and improve practices that administers complex software and system development projects
- Frequently and proactively communicate Project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders and sponsors
- Deliver key company initiatives on schedule, on budget, and to specification
- Resolve any issues using appropriate conflict resolution skills
- Manage full Project lifecycle including initial planning, scoping, cost estimation, scheduling, resourcing, technical solution design, monitoring project implementation metrics, action items, and deliverables, performing quality control and validation activities, end user training, and project closure activities
- Support Services team as mentor, leader and expert on product and procedures
Accountability and Authority:
- Signing authority for expenses for direct reports
- Accountable for ensuring project closure activities occur and are completed
- Accountable for ensuring project work does not proceed if not funded (i.e., over budget) without internal approval
- Accountable for providing monthly department progress report to Executive team
- Accountable for project deliverables being delivered on time, on budget, and clear of significant quality issues
- Excellent communication skills, and the confidence to communicate effectively to staff and at all levels of management including C Suite
- Gain full specialization and knowledge of 3esi-Enersight’s suite of products
- Strong technical skills, with ability to think through details and tactics without losing sight of overall strategic goals
- Strong budget management skills; ability to develop and maintain contracts and budget constrictions
- Advanced computer skills, including software and database management
- Committed to the setting of achievable goals and deadlines. Maintain commitment to achieving goals in the face of obstacles and frustrations. Possess a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and attaining favorable results
- Ensure that a customer’s needs are fulfilled by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during and after the customer’s requirements are met
- Manage and oversee all levels of project implementations
- Manage multiple priorities and have excellent organizational skills
- Work effectively with cross functional teams and global teams
- Effective leadership attributes; delegate tasks and train others
- University Degree, preferably B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline or Business Degree
- 10+ years professional experience as a Project Manager and 5+ years in a leadership role; Oil and Gas industry or Software Project Management experience pertaining to familiarity with the upstream asset life cycle, would be considered an asset
- PMI Project Manager Professional (PMP) Designation, PMI Program Management Professional (PgMP), Prince2 or equivalent, completed
- MBA, or other advanced management training, desired
- Previous experience with budgeting, execution or program management processes will be beneficial
- Complete working knowledge of Change Management and associated Best Practices
- Full understanding of conceptual modeling, data requirements and data consolidation
- Experience with business architecture and business process management methodologies
- Valid passport required
Some international travel can be expected, (30 to 40%) to support 3esi-Enersight solution implementations.
Reminder: Please attach your resume in ENGLISH when applying for this position.