We are seeking a dynamic person to join our Canadian sales and marketing team as a Strategic Account Manager for our upstream software solutions. The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will be part of an extraordinary team that delivers innovative business process software solutions for the Upstream Oil & Gas industry.
As one of our SAMs, you will be responsible for building and maintaining pre- and post-sales relationships with 3esi-Enersight’s customers while meeting short- and long-term sales goals. Our talented solutions architects and solutions consultants will present strong technical presentations to the clients you engage, and ensure a successful implementation of the solutions you sell. You will be responsible for engaging both existing clients and potential clients in this role: You should be excited by both nurturing current clients and expanding our footprint in current clients, and by captivating prospective clients.
3esi-Enersight is the world leading provider of Integrated Strategy, Planning and Reserves solutions for the Oil and Gas Industry. Over the past 10 years our company has achieved unmatched growth as we have evolved from a Calgary-based software provider to a global partner for more than 450 customers around the world. The team at 3esi-Enersight live and work by a set of values that define who we want to be and how we want to operate:
- We demand quality in everything we do
- We provide exceptional customer service
- We inspire innovation
- We act with integrity and respect
- We empower and recognize contribution
We are a growing company, with competitive compensation and significant opportunity for personal and career growth.
SAMs will be assigned specific accounts to engage and prospect. In these accounts you will focus on account development, customer satisfaction, and short-term and long-term sales results. In addition, SAMs have the following responsibilities:
- Build full Account Plans for their accounts
- Work closely with our internal 3esi-Enersight resources (solutions architects, solutions consultants, and other Services team members) to create a compelling message for clients from initial contact through to end user experience: Ensure an exceptional Total Customer Experience at each account you manage
- Develop a trust-based, mutually beneficial relationship with principal customer sponsors (including executives) of the Account. Must mature and formalize Account relationship expectations and address all 3esi-Enersight products and services with a growth strategy for each that maximizes “customer share” across all accounts
- Lead and foster company-to-company relationships to develop competitive immunity
- Attain targeted sales goals and performance through the effective management of resources
- Sponsor and institutionalize new and innovative ways of working in teams to meet customer needs/sales objectives:
- Own the account Profile / Executive Briefing document for the accounts
- Find ways to promote regular structured communication to the virtual account team via conference calls or formal emails, clearly outlining key projects, opportunities, issues, products transitions, pricing, etc.
- Set account strategy and formulate an account plan for all accounts with clear objectives and actions.
- Effectively manage any special deals to ensure that they are fully authorized without exception or ambiguity, and that they are accurately documented both internally and externally
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, and R&D to identify and validate product features and solutions required by target industry/clients. This includes presenting and soliciting target customer feedback on advanced product features, benefits, and future product direction concepts
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the entire 3esi-Enersight product line: understand the value proposition for our products
- Highly motivated and innovative individual who can work independently while leveraging various internal and external groups necessary to achieve success for all stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing selling strategies for software system solutions
- Exposure to modern software development methodologies with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, infrastructure design, and development
- Negotiation skills: the ability to gain support of ideas, proposals, and solutions
- Results-oriented: ability to focus on desired outcomes and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives
- Passionate about technology
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry, including knowledge of current industry trends and challenges, an asset, but not required
- At least 3 years’ experience in account management and/or sales for software companies.
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in a related technical, business discipline, or equivalent
- This position will be based out of our Calgary office. You should expect about 10%-20% travel.