3esi-Enersight Corporation is an international company that provides planning solutions and expertise for the modern, complex oil and gas industry. 3esi-Enersight’s solutions support the most comprehensive integrated planning workflow in the industry and helps upstream petroleum producers make competitive and cost- effective decisions at every stage of their business.
3esi-Enersight™ is searching for an Vice President of Finance to join our team to oversee and provide leadership and coordination to all company financial planning, budget management functions and ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. The successful candidate will undertake accountability for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Location: Calgary, AB Canada
- Employment: Full-time
- Start: Immediately
The VP of Finance will provide leadership and sound decision making to drive the Company to the next level of growth and maturity. In collaboration with the CEO and the executive team and other members of senior management, the VP of Finance is responsible for financial planning and strategy, risk management and for providing strategic oversight and management of the financial affairs of the Company.
The VP of Finance will play a critical role in shaping the future of the Company and will be a visible strategic leader within the Company and with external stakeholders. The successful candidate will provide financial leadership to the organization and work closely with the management team to optimize the performance of the Company while preserving the Company’s entrepreneurial mindset.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Operations and Day to Day Financial Management:
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury functions
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Personally review and approve all filings with the Canadian and US Tax authorities
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Develop with the Executive an annual operating budget
- Oversees budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Manage annual budget process by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Oversees the preparation of monthly reports including reconciliations as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit / Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Complies with federal, provincial, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; and advising management on required actions
- Manage and develop the financial staff including recruiting, orienting, and professional development of employees in the finance team
- Familiar with comprehensive SALT strategy
- Overall management responsibility for Tax function
- Ongoing Tax compliance
- Transfer pricing
- Develop financial processes and tax planning strategies for all global operations
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures / metrics that support the Company’s strategic direction
- Assist in formulating the Company’s future direction and support strategic initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans for the organization
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the Company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverages for all operations
- Ensure that the Company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies of the global operations
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Invest funds
- Ongoing development of cash model
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the Company with investment bankers and investors
Acquisition and Growth Management:
- Identify and evaluate M&A opportunities
- Develop detailed financial plans to assess the economics & liabilities of potential acquisitions
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Responsible for deal execution and acquisition integration
- Equity financing
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this position include the following:
- 10 or more years of related finance experience in a growth-oriented Company, ideally with an international focus.
- Preferably has been the top or second-in-command financial executive of a Company, ideally with private equity shareholders.
- Intimate knowledge of financial reporting & controls, taxation, legal, and capital structure issues associated with a high growth Company.
- Strong knowledge base in financial accounting and reporting and of the controllership functions, auditing and systems design.
- Facilitation or familiar with international tax structures and foreign exchange.
- Compliance experience ensuring adherence to all statutory, regulatory, securities, tax and other external and internal operating and reporting requirements.
- Exposure to risk management issues and comfortable developing strategies and systems to implement and monitor these initiatives.
- Experienced at structuring and executing financing transactions as well as structuring debt arrangements.
- Relevant experience with mergers and acquisitions Experienced working with operations leaders to be able to create confidence and rapport within the business.
- Should have a good sense for what determines value, and be sensitive to the market’s assessment of a Company’s balance sheet. Must be “street smart” and market wise.
- Experience guiding the overall structure and integration of financial and management information systems of the Company, with a track record of success leading transformation to “best-in-class”, systems and processes in a high growth environment.
- Continue to develop process & system design and implement best practices for back office.
- Hands-on approach to process design and improvement by providing guidance and support
- A strong leader with an ability to motivate, retain, recruit, challenge and deploy a strong performing management team and staff.
- CA or equivalent financial designation.
- MBA or advanced degree in a relevant discipline would be ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commerce.