Chief Operating Officer (COO)
3esi is a global provider of integrated business planning software for the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry. Due to growth in our US market we are seeking a dynamic Pre-sales Solutions Consultant (PSC) to join our North American sales and business consulting team. PSC’s are energy industry specialists that are involved in a broad spectrum of activities including business development, account support, and relationship building with our customers.
The PSC supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in 3esi solutions. The PSC collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer decision-makers. Provides required solution demonstrations to key Stakeholders.
As a presales solutions consultant you have the chance to develop skills in a very broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge.
- Create product solution presentations of 3esi solutions that reinforce 3esi’s value proposition with the prospective customer
- Establish, support and enhance client/prospect contacts and relationships to create and expand the revenue-based pipeline of opportunities
- Build and deliver case studies and workshop cases for our customers
- Provide business process consulting, training and coaching to customers on as needed basis
- Work with sales team to determine potential solution fit
- Develop domain sales/marketing material required to communicate value proposition to end customers
- Conduct detailed presentations in person or via WebEx
- Coordinate with the Account Manager on developing short-term & long-term strategies for assigned accounts.
- Provide creative, “out of the box”, ideas for generating and expanding opportunities within 3esi accounts
- Effectively communicate with key internal stakeholders on business issues
- Develop and lead the execution of campaigns targeted at specific Upstream products and/or solutions
- Complete data loading and data analysis of customer data during discovery phase of the implementation process
- Participate in meetings and interviews with prospects to gather and understand their business’s requirements and technical environments. Resolve technical and product functionality questions
- Travel to customer or prospect sites as required up to 30%
- Work with Sales and Product Management / Marketing on competitor information, industry analysis, technology, and market trends
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Work with Professional Services on deal progression, expectations, statement of works, and transition post-sale
- Maintain industry, market, and product knowledge, as well as, stay abreast of competitor’s products, technology and offerings. Further, maintain knowledge of appropriate technology evolution
- Participate in trade-shows, user conferences, training, and sales seminars as required
- Experience with the technology solutions used at upstream Oil & Gas Companies
- Strong business analysis and Oil & Gas expertise as a lead solutions consultant
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and a professional demeanor
- Ability to meet with customer-prospects and advance a sales cycle with competence
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to conduct discussions with prospects or customers in both technical and senior management roles
- Results Oriented
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the oil and gas industry with knowledge of industry processes and data requirements
- Experience with oil&gas software technology industry solutions
- Business, Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Previous experience with budgeting, well execution or software implementation processes will be beneficial