The quality assurance engineer performs various product-testing duties to assure specified guidelines are being followed. The engineer begins corrective action for procedural or processing deficiencies by making sure programs conform to documentation specifications; certifies that products are of high quality and stable and works to develop, apply and maintain quality requirements that include the creation and execution of methods and procedures for testing and debugging programs.
- Provide the highest quality services possible to all internal and external clients.
- Understand and follow agile methodologies and software engineering practices.
- Participate in client and internal projects as assigned.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases according to requirements documents.
- Perform black box, white box, regression, and load testing on test units.
- Report testing status.
- Manage bug life-cycle and bugs queue.
- Work with developers for clarification in resolving issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Develop and customize test automation scripts.
- Write user procedures and participate in system testing and training.
- Notify group leader of any problems or potential problems as they may arise.
- Assist team members in completion of tasks and assignments to ensure project completion.
- Participate in Project Tracking & Oversight activities as assigned.
- Participate in SWAT Team activities as assigned.
- Act as test lead on SQA projects as assigned.
- Continue learning new technologies and enhancing skills through vendor certifications and other means.
- Orient new co-workers and actively support team-based development.
- Provide input regarding necessary changes to the 3ESI testing methodology as needed.
- Experience with Regression and Load Testing
- Basic SQL Skills.
- Experience performing similar duties and functions with n-tier applications, object-oriented programming, relational databases, software components, and Internet protocols.
- Expertise in current development platforms (Java, .Net, C#) and testing methodologies.
- Experience with automated testing tools highly desired.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills within the desktop, server and network environments
- Understanding of software development cycle.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or a directly related degree
- Minimum 3 years QA experience