3esi-Enersight Strategic Consulting Group
A world-class consulting practice, with the mission of supporting upstream decision makers through a broad spectrum of strategic and operational initiatives.
We’ve helped 100+ clients realize tangible benefits. Our customers know that it takes more than mathematical models and software to be successful. The 3esi-Enersight Strategic Consulting Group applies structured consulting services to get at the heart of real business problems across upstream oil and gas.
Analysis & Advisory
Our consultants work with executives to develop strategic investment scenarios that are consistent with company vision, given your current business realities. From there we will help you to evaluate these alternatives under different pricing scenarios, and develop related capital allocation and operational plans.
We will help you with key corporate objectives that include:
- Balancing performance across exploration, production, mid-stream, refining, marketing, and more,
- Resolving disconnects among strategy, operational planning, and financial outcomes,
- Balancing dividends, debt, cash flow, and capital,
- Allocating Capex, and Opex across the organization and
- Balancing operational and financial performance.
We help executives explore the trade-offs among strategic alternatives, eliminate disconnects, and understand the impact of uncertainty on their business.
Risk & Uncertainty
Our consultants will help your leadership explore and quantify the impact of risk and uncertainty on total performance, enabling you to understand the probability of meeting your operational and financial goals, as well as a range of future outcomes. In the process you will gain a clear understanding of which strategic risks have the most impact on your ability to hit targets – and how you can mitigate that uncertainty.
Answer key questions such as:
- Can the company achieve the desired earnings per share target given the different uncertainties in your deep water project, your resource plays and your onshore conventional assets?
- Can your Exploration group achieve their reserve targets given below ground risks?
- Can your Development group achieve production targets given uncertainty around project schedules and rig availability?
Mergers, Acquisitions, & Divestitures
Our consultants will help your teams evaluate the appropriate balance of acquisitions and organic growth. We will work with you to quickly assess the impact of potential acquisitions and divestitures on the consolidated strategic plan, and assess the complexity of multiple deals, timing variability, market risks, and potential variability in asset performance.
Answer critical questions such as:
- Are your acquisitions overvalued, or overly optimistic in terms of cost and timing?
- Why are so many of your acquisitions under-performing?
- What are the right assets to divest, and when is the optimal time in order to address your corporate performance concerns?
- How should the deals be structured in terms of capital, debt, and cash flow?
Process and Solution Design
Process Development & Improvement
Our consultants will work with your teams to increase the speed and flexibility they have in answering executive questions, and to ensure that all critical information remains unfiltered as it makes its way to the top levels of your organization.
Gain answers to critical questions across your organization including:
- How can we improve executive engagement
- How do our processes compare with industry best practices?
- How can we keep our plans in sync with the price premise?
- How can we get faster answers to key management questions?
- How can we gain greater confidence in our data?
- How can we reduce the need for re-work?
Our team will also review and make recommendations concerning:
- Opportunity evaluation
- Stage gates
- Look backs
- Related forecasting, economics, & risk assessment
- Data quality & data flow
- Project description quality & consistency
- Processes for technical review & quality control
Your experience and knowledge of the industry provides huge value…your capability to think broadly, willingness to discuss and push back. Biggest value is from strategic thinking to look at what we need to question, and the pathways to take.
They helped us see how we could use the model and showed us new ways to look at our business, new ways of thinking. It’s easy not to challenge yourself this way.
They are head and shoulders above anyone else. Other consultants may offer good advice but don’t have a product, or the product is not suited for the business problem. These guys can work the full range of theory, concepts, applications, and implementation.